Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12MP Digital Point & Shoot Camera with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3-Inch LCD (Black) Review
The use of digital camera has been highly popular these days. In fact, almost every person owns a digital camera. With this, individuals can capture precious moments in their life and treasure them forever. The Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12MP Digital Point & Shoot Camera will enable you to capture special and every day moments in your life in crisp and detailed images.
Who Could Buy/Benefit From This Product?
The Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3-Inch LCD (B00B5HE3UU) is perfect for amateur and professional photographers. This point and shoot digital camera is easy to use and offers a comfortable grip. There are not confusing buttons to configure, just point the camera to your subject, and then shoot.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 Digital Point & Shoot Camera is made with 12 MP CMOS sensor, 24mm wide angle lens, 10x optical image zoom, and a DIGIC 5 processor. Although this is not a DLSR, this PowerShot camera is capable of recording high quality Full High-Definition video with stereo surround sound. Recording of HD video is made easy with zoom capability while shooting and movie button. The HDMI output enables users to playback videos and watch images on an HDTV. Furthermore, this digital camera has a built-in Wi-Fi technology. This enables you to transfer images and videos to social media sites through the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY. Canon ensures that all the products that they create are environment-friendly. PowerShot ELPH 330 features an ECO Mode, which reduces the power consumption of the device during operation. Rest assured that you can use this camera longer in a single charge. Product dimensions are 0.9” x 3.8” x 2.2” and weighs 5 ounces. This product comes with free shipping. (Please check and compare prices, promotions & deals again at links below before purchasing. Hope you can get the best price!)
- Built-in Wi-Fi® Technology: The WiFi technology of Canon PowerShot allows you to transfer your videos and images to various social media sites wirelessly through the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY. This feature of the camera also enables you to transfer your media files directly to the computer.
- Optical Image Stabilizer: This feature of Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 uses lens shift technology to correcting unwanted camera movement while shooting images.
- 10X Optical Zoom: The 10x optical zoom along with 24mm wide-angle lens allow the camera to deliver outstanding and versatile optical performance. The Canon’s expert optical engineering made it possible for a high-performance zoom lens to be attached with a thin camera.
- 12.1 MP High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor: This feature of the product delivers state-of-the-art imaging performance. This makes the camera capable of capturing rapid moving images.
- Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor: The latest-generation Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor works with the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS’s image sensor to bring phenomenal increases in processing speed and power, delivering incredible detail in more situations, without the need for artificial light sources. Improved noise reduction produces clearer images when shooting in low light at high ISO speeds.
- Canon HS SYSTEM: For exceptional low-light performance up to ISO 6400. The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS gives you the power to create images with spectacular depth, detail and emotional resonance. The 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor works in concert with the DIGIC 5 Image Processor to create the renowned Canon HS SYSTEM. The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you use higher shutter speeds to capture clearer images with reduced noise and blur in a variety of situations for incredible photos and even when shooting video.
- Get the Complete HD Experience: Capture beautiful 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output
- Remember the Day in Crisp HD: New Hybrid Auto utilizes a combination of Smart AUTO and Intelligent IS to create a beautiful and steady 720p HD video clip in Movie Digest mode every time you shoot a still image
Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition
- Normal: Corrects for a wide range of camera movement when shooting stills.
- Panning: Panning motion is detected so that IS does not interfere with desired camera movement.
- Macro (Hybrid): Corrects for shift-type camera shake, which typically occurs in macro (close-up) shooting.
- Dynamic: Effective for video shooting at wide-angle focal lengths, eliminating the unwanted shaking that typically occurs while walking.
- Powered: Compensates for hand movement when shooting video at the telephoto end of the zoom range, where camera shake is magnified.
- Tripod: When tripod use is detected, the Image Stabilizer is stopped because it is not needed.
Shooting Modes/Special Scene Modes
- Smart AUTO: The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Movie Digest & Hybrid Auto: Automatically selects shooting settings for optimal quality and records a video clip every time you capture a still image. One day’s worth of clips are then combined into a single video.
- Program: The camera automatically and intelligently selects the aperture/shutter speed combination based on the shooting conditions.
- Portrait: Brings the subject into focus while beautifully blurring the background.
- Smooth Skin: Removes dullness, wrinkles, and harsh shadows for beautiful faces.
- Smart Shutter: The camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
- High-Speed Burst: Captures rapid action frame by frame, by shooting continuously at a high speed while the shutter button is held down.
- Handheld Night Scene: Take clear and steady pictures at night without the use of a tripod.
- Fisheye Effect: Now you can get the fisheye effect – a classic photographic distortion – without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect: Give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect: Simulates photos taken with “toy” or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Soft Focus: Creates a hazy ambiance that’s perfect for portraits and wedding photos.
- Monochrome: Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super VividvSuper: Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect: Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent: Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap: Select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
- Snow: Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks: Create brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter: Use to blur moving subjects for artistic effect, ideal for urban night photography.
- Stitch Assist: Easy-to-use guidelines simplify the shooting of aligned multiple frames that can later be combined (using bundled software) to create panoramic photos.
- Movie: Record video; unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.
- Super Slow Motion Movie: Record your clips in high speed (approx. 240 fps), and then watch your videos in slow motion.
Gallery – Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12MP Digital Point & Shoot Camera with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3-Inch LCD (Black)
- Easy To Use
- Lightweight/Portable – The Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12MP Digital Point & Shoot Camera is compact. This means that you can carry it anywhere you go. You can put it inside your pocket when not in use, and pull it when you need to capture images.
- Nice Features/Settings
- Simple Controls/Menu
- Excellent Image Quality – It can capture exceptional quality of image through the AUTO setting. The extensive lists of shooting modes allow you to capture crisp images in every situation. You can even capture images with crisp detail even on low light situations.
- Probably, the best thing about Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12MP Digital Point & Shoot Camera with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3-Inch LCD is the 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor features. This feature puts a lot of detail on your pictures.
- The camera supports multiple memory cards such as SD, SDHC, and SDXC. This means that you can store your media files directly on your computer or any removable storage.
Although this Canon digital camera can capture clear images in low light situations, the quality of pictures that it delivers is not as superb as what DLSR cameras provide. Other than that, the product is superb. This camera is highly affordable. At less than $180, you can never find a point and shoot digital camera equipped with the features of Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12MP Digital Point & Shoot Camera.
Customer Reviews and Scores
At this time, there were 171 customers who have purchased and given the reviews & ratings for this Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3-Inch LCD. Out of 171 reviewers, there were 91 customers who gave rating = 5 stars, 44 customers who gave 4 stars, 12 customers who gave 3 stars, 14 customers who gave 2 stars, and other 10 users who gave 1 star. Overall, this point & shoot digital camera get an average score = 4.1 out of 5 stars!
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12MP Digital Point & Shoot Camera with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3-Inch LCD, Black (B00B5HE3UU) is perfect for travel photographers. You can keep this in your pocket while walking or traveling on a bus, and pull it out when you see your subject. Although this is a point-and-shoot camera, you can capture crisp pictures even the subject is moving. Aside from high quality images, the built-in Wi-Fi feature is another thing that makes this excellent. Users can directly upload their images on any social networking sites trough CANON iMAGE GATEWAY. Aside from this, they can also transfer their media files directly to their computer. This ensures that they can empty their memory card, and begin capturing new images without worrying that their camera is not capable to store huge media files. This makes recording and capturing images easy and convenient.