Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch [Review]
The Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch is creating a lot of buzz this day. And with the holidays just around the corner, this smoker will really make a good oven and slow cooker. At 40 inches, it will definitely accommodate every single dish you want to cook without any hassle.
- ASIN: B004EBTYCG
- Item model number: 20050211
- Size:40 Inch
- Product Dimensions: 26.6 x 18.8 x 36.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 85 pounds
- 4 smoking racks, chromed
- 4 stainless steel burner, chromed
- 1,307 square inches of cooking capacity
- 15,400 BTU’s steel burner
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Push button ignition
- Type 1 regulator and hose gas control valve
- Type 1 regulator and hose spark igniter
- Water pan
- Wood chip tray, Porcelain-coated
- The Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch is a large and vertical type of smoker. It is designed to allow you save space compared to the horizontal, large designs of this smoker. At 26.6 x 18.8 x 36.6 inches, you will definitely be glad that this item is made to stand and not lie flat on the ground.
- Aside from its vertical design, the Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch is also a standout—physically. This comes in color black that appropriately matches its design and functions. Inside, its 1,307 square inches of cooking capacity is accented with chrome—both the racks and steel burner. This makes the smoker so nice to cook in. But aside from the good looks, this material makes the smoker more functional and easier to heat up.
- The tray is also as grand as the racks. This is in wood chip material and coated beautifully in porcelain. A water pan is also practically added, making maintenance easier and faster. It also makes the smoker a lot safer to clean as moisture is drained to the pan, which in turn can be taken off and away.
- To top that, the Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch is also equipped with a push button ignition and gas control valve and ignite powered by a Type 1 regulator and hose. The steel burner is definitely at the top of its class with 15,000 BTU.
- There are just a few issues that this large and vertical smoker presents. One of these is its weight. The Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch is a bit heavy at 91.6 pounds. Though it saves space in its vertical design, it will be difficult to move around because it is heavy.
- The built-in temperature gauge of the Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch also poses safety issues especially if there are kids around the house who happen to wonder out to the smoker’s location. Because it is immediately located at the door of the smoker, this might catch the attention of kids and make them curious enough to look and worst touch the smoker’s surface. At its height, it is not impossible that kids can actually reach the top most of the product.
- Aside from the weight and the very catchy appearance of the Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch, its price may also be an issue to some. Although at just around $180-$200, it is one of the most practical products for smoker to purchase these days.
Customer Reviews and Scores
The Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch is one of the best smoker products in the industry. This can be seen in the high and positive reviews of this smoker. Most actual users find this product very satisfying. In fact, it is one of the very few brands of smokers that received 5 out of 5 stars. This is immediately followed by 4 out of 5 stars and just very few find this product to be an average smoker. Although there are also a few of actual buyers and purchasers who find the Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch not quite meeting their expectations, their number is not even at 5% of those that love this smoker.
Overall score of this product = 4.3 out of 5 stars!
One of the issues raised for this smoker is its price which is though lower compared to competition, is still high if one would try to assemble their own smokers. Usually, this is the issue of a DIYer who will always choose for low-cost materials and take care of the installation or setting up of the product. Although this is great, it pays to get branded products with warranty.
Overall, the Masterbuilt 20050211 GS40 Black Propane Smoker, 40-Inch is deemed to be a highly satisfactory product. It is one of those that powerful slow cooker and oven in one product that makes the lives of cooks and chefs so easy. Also, with its very easy to use design, even moms and dads or aspiring kids can actually use this product to come up with their very own delicious food. This and more are the reasons we want to recommend this product.